Steps to propose and implement a project in your state
- Project Conception – Develop a model for an Innovations project to adopt a selected topic or best practice, such as customized employment, asset development, self-employment, transition services, customer choice, person directed services or community partnerships.
- Project Team – Demonstrate agency/partner commitment by designating a lead and a team to oversee and implement the project and articulating expectations and responsibilities of all parties.
- Implementation – Develop and agree on a work plan to guide implementation through all phases (pilot, replication, dissemination/sustainability).
- Capacity Building – Build capacity and specialized skills through training and technical assistance.
- Review/Evaluate – Collaborate with TACE to observe and assess progress; consider regulatory, policy and funding implications of adopting the practice; evaluate outcomes.
- Refinement, Sustainability – Collaborate with TACE to refine the practice and execute a sustainability plan identifying local, regional, and/or state systems change (regulation, policy, funding) that will support effective program continuation.
- Dissemination in the State – Determine how the practice will be disseminated and fully integrated; develop strategies for statewide implementation.
Read more about Innovations Projects
Summary of Current Innovations Projects
Project Success Stories