Welcome To the Job Development Exchange
The Job Development Exchange (JDX) provides Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (VRCs) and Community Rehabilitation Providers (CRPs) with information and tools to successfully engage employers and address a wide range of barriers to employment. It offers timely resources via multimedia platforms and taps into the rich expertise of colleagues, businesses, jobseekers and national authorities to achieve employment goals.
This year’s JDX Professional Learning Experience Packages will focus on the following topics:
- Addressing Employer Misperceptions (Real or Perceived)
- Getting Past the Gatekeeper to Reach the Decision Maker
- How to Brand Your Job Development Services
- Managing Stress and Feelings of Isolation Related to Job Development
Our perceptions are formed through one or both of these elements: experience and information. Alternatively, misconceptions are based on a lack of experience and/or misinformation. There is no doubt that some employers have misperceptions about people with disabilities and their ability to contribute and add value to the workplace; the challenge is in how we can change these.
This presentation explores some of the causes of these misperceptions and ways to address them. We’ll cover 10 key tips and strategies to not only address misperceptions, but prevent them as well. Ultimately, using these strategies will create fundamental changes in the way businesses think and act about hiring and recruiting people with disabilities.
- Gain an understanding of how perceptions are formed
- Understand the process to address and change misperceptions
- Increase knowledge of key strategies to address, change and prevent misconceptions
Rob Hoffman, M.S., Owner/Senior Consultant, Employment Analytics
- Webinar: February 6, 2014, 1:00 – 2:30 pm ET. Register Now
- User-ready resources
- Sign up for the JDX listserv to network with job developers in the Southeast and engage in dialogue with a national expert for guidance on this topic
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Subscribe JDX"
The JDX offers a variety of resources for vocational rehabilitation counselors and other job development professionals. In this section, the JDX highlights some of these resources and previews upcoming exchange opportunities.
The Online Toolkit for Job Placement and Employment Professionals is an interactive resource covering a variety of topics related to successful employment for people with disabilities.