Publications & Presentations
TACE publications and presentations cover topics that are timely and relevant to technical assistance (TA) and continuing education (CE) activities and that meet the strategic goals and program performance needs of state Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) agencies and their partners. Relevant products developed by non-TACE entities are listed on the Tools & Materials webpage.
Southeast TACE Events
TACE provides distance learning opportunities through frequent webinars on important vocational rehabilitation topics such as employment for jobseekers with most significant disabilities, transition and asset development. The next events will be posted soon. In the meantime, please check the TACE webinar archives for recent events!
TACE develops monthly newsletters and other materials as needed in the course of our work with VR agencies and partners.
Monthly newsletters are compiled for two of TACE’s Regional Networks, providing valuable information and resources to network members and non-members alike. They offer descriptions of creative local practices, tips for VR counselors, success stories and resource links, and report on national news and trends. In addition to being disseminated via electronic web-blast, these newsletters are posted and archived on the respective network websites. The two newsletters include:
- TACE Talks Transition provides information and resources relating to VR services to young people as they transition into adulthood.
- Most Significant Disabilities Network News provides information and resources relating to VR services to individuals with the most significant disabilities.
Other TACE publications
- Impact of Innovations Projects on VR Adoption of Emerging Practices 2009-2012. White paper discussing a study of five TACE-sponsored pilot projects shown to advance VR use of best practices to improve outcomes for jobseekers with the most significant disabilities. The paper will be reprinted in the Spring 2013 issue of the Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders & Employment Learning Community – Final Project Report. Essential outcomes of the learning community experience from the perspective of VR representatives who participated.
In addition to webinars and other distance learning opportunities, TACE staff and consultants make conference presentations on topics of interest to VR professionals. Presentation materials may be accessed here.
- Implementation, Evaluation and Integration of Projects. TACE staff presented at the national TACE Consortium Conference on its use of pilot projects to assist VR agencies in adopting best practices. The conference was held in San Diego, CA, Feb. 6-8, 2013.
- Evaluation of the Impact of Pilot Projects on State VR Agencies' Delivery Systems. TACE staff presented findings and recommendations of a study of five pilot projects, at the 5th annual Summit on Program Evaluation & Quality Assurance in Vocational Rehabilitation , a national educational and skill building event for individuals interested in improving VR agency performance. The Summit was held in San Antonio, TX, Sept. 5-6, 2012.
- 2011 National TASH Conference on Employment for Youth in Transition. TACE staff and consultants organized, co-hosted and presented at this highly acclaimed national conference. The conference was offered both in person and via live streaming.
- 2011 National APSE presentations by TACE Southeast. TACE Region IV consultants present sessions on “Conducting an Employer Needs Analysis” and “Working Together to Make Work Pay”
- Customized Employment for Youth in Transition — Implementing a Multi-Faceted Pilot Program. Presented by Chip Kenney, Southeast TACE Director of the National Disability Employment Conference (September 2010). A handout for this presentation is also available.