Audio Conference: Developing "Communities of Excellence"
Thursday: December 18, 2008
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. (Central Time)
- Michael Callahan, Marc Gold & Associates
- Norciva Shumpert, Marc Gold & Associates
- Joe Skiba, Organization & Systems Change Consulting
- Jill Houghton, Organization Development Specialist - TACE Center: Region IV
In response to a review of all current state plans for vocational rehabilitation and comprehensive statewide needs assessments, the TACE Center: Region IV (Southeast TACE) announces the availability of customized training and technical assistance that, over a two year period, will lead to the development of a “Community of Excellence” in each state. Learn more about the details of this customized training and technical assistance, which has the objective that state Vocational Rehabilitation and Blind Services agencies in each state will work together to identity and build a “Community of Excellence” designed to:
- increase understanding and replication of effective employment and rehabilitation practices which result in improved employment outcomes,
- build local capacity to improve and expand customized employment services and supports,
- serve as a catalyst to systems change and improvement at a state and local level,
- develop, document, and disseminate new and improved theory, policy, practice and knowledge that revolutionize the state of the science in rehabilitation and employment service delivery in the Southeast and nationwide.
The Southeast TACE recognizes that states are facing increasing pressures of limited public resources to respond to a growing demand for service. Providing customized training and technical assistance that leads to the development of “Communities of Excellence” will lead to improved employment outcomes for persons with the most significant disabilities.
For more information, review:
Syllabus: Audio Conference: Developing "Communities of Excellence".
Materials & Resources
- PowerPoint Presentation - PPT
- PowerPoint Presentation - Web
- PowerPoint Presentation - PDF
- PowerPoint Presentation - Text (Web-based)