Role of VR Agencies in Workforce Investment Systems
Date: February 25, 2009
Time: 1.5 hours
Southeast TACE Events
TACE provides distance learning opportunities through frequent webinars on important vocational rehabilitation topics such as employment for jobseekers with most significant disabilities, transition and asset development. The next events will be posted soon. In the meantime, please check the TACE webinar archives for recent events!
Robert "Bobby" Silverstein, J.D.
Powers Pyles Sutter & Verville, P.C.
Eve Hill, Esq.
Senior Vice President
Burton Blatt Institute of Syracuse University
Materials & Resources
Education Credit - DUE: February 27, 2009
- CEU: After session, obtain CEU Form from Site Coordinator and submit to TACE IV via email or fax.
- CRCC: After session, score 80% or better on Post Test and submit CRCC request form via MyTACE.
The purpose of this audio conference is to provide an overview of the obligations of State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) agencies to serve as mandatory partners in the statewide workforce investment system. The audio conference will also describe selected initiatives by State VR agencies to enhance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities through collaboration with One-Stop Career Centers and other entities participating in the workforce investment system and participation in the Disability Program Navigator initiative sponsored by the Social Security Administration and the U.S. Department of Labor.
This audio conference will also describe congressional initiatives (past and present) to enhance physical and programmatic accessibility for persons with disabilities. This portion of the audio conference is designed to help State VR agencies and others prepare for the additional roles and responsibilities they may be expected to carry out.
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) agency personnel
- Community Rehabilitation Programs (CRPs)
- Centers for Independent Living (CILs)
Materials & Resources
- Transcript - Web
- Transcript -Text
- Transcript - Word
- Transcript - PDF
- Transcript - Large Print (Word file)
- PowerPoint Presentation - PPT
- PowerPoint Presentation - Web
- PowerPoint Presentation - PDF
- PowerPoint Presentation - Text (Web-based)