Webinar: Improving Case Management Skills for Effective Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Date: Wednesday: May 6, 2009
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (Central Time)
- Henry Wong
East Carolina University and North Carolina Center for the Advancement of Teaching (NCCAT)
This webinar discusses the Federal legislation and basic principles of rehabilitation philosophy that influences case management in the public sector of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR). The following concepts will be described described:
- Case management, models, principles, functions and competencies of case management, ethical issues, interpersonal communication skills, and the individualized plan for employment, informed choice, and suggestions for improving case management practices.
This training webinar content will also cover related areas to answer specific questions, such as:
- What is Case Management?
- What are the models, principles, and competencies of Case Management?
- What Federal legislations are influencing VR?
- What are the basic principles of rehabilitation philosophy?
- What are the functions of Case Management?
- What are the roles of the Case Manager?
- How can Case Management skills be improved?