Webinar: Individualized Employment Plan (IPE): Counselor-Consumer Alliance for Developing an Effective IPE
Thursday: June 18, 2009
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Central Time)
- Samuel Teruel-Velez, M.S.,
North Carolina Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services,
Independent Living Rehabilitation Program
- William S. "Mr. Bill" Harris, CRC
State of Florida, Department of Education,
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
This presentation will address the Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE) as a written plan that identifies:
- the employment outcome, also referred to as the employment goal;
- the services that will be provided to achieve the employment goal and the time frames for those services; and
- the steps that will measure progress toward the employment goal.
The principle of how individuals with disabilities must be active and responsible participants in their own rehabilitation programs, including making informed, yet practical and realistic, choices about the selection of their employment goal, the vocational rehabilitation services they receive and the providers of those services.
IPE development and time line will be discussed, including how the IPE should be developed as soon as possible, within 90 days of the determination of eligibility. Additional information will be discussed if the counselor anticipates that IPE development will be delayed, the need to inform the consumer