Webinar: Introduction to Assistive Technology
Wednesday: November 3, 2010
12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. (Eastern)
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (Central)
This webinar will provide discussion about accommodations that can be constructed, installed, or implemented to enhance an individual’s safety and function in the workplace. This webinar will provide an overview of functional barriers commonly experienced in the workplace, and AT strategies to improve performance of work activities. The webinar will provide resources for assessing, identifying and implementing accommodation needs.
Participants will be able to:
- Apply structured assessment methodologies to identify workplace accommodation needs
- Be able to list at least three workplace accommodations for multiple functional impairment categories including people with mobility, dexterity, sensory, and cognitive
- Demonstrate workplace accommodations that are applicable to a variety of work environments.
- Identify national, state, and local resources for workplace accommodations.
Materials & Resources
Recording of Webinar
**NOTE: If this is your first time using Elluminate, review: How to View the Recording of the Webinar.
- Recording in Elluminate – Webinar: Introduction to Assistive Technology (1.5 hours)
- PowerPoint Presentation - PPT
- PowerPoint Presentation - PDF
- PowerPoint Presentation - Handout
- PowerPoint Presentation - Web
- PowerPoint Presentation - Text
- Assistive Technology in the Food Service Industry (9:33 minutes)
As part of the presentation - Food Service (slide 13 of PowerPoint) - a YouTube video that introduces us to Richard, a parapelegia working at the Grand Hyatt Hotel. This video outlines the process that the Hyatt followed to accommodate Richard.
- Wireless FM (Auditory Trainer) Simulation
Video recordings simulating what a person using a hearing aid would hear in a variety of environments and different distances from the audio source