Webinar: Approaches to Understanding What an Individual Has to Offer an Employer
Thursday: March 31, 2011
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Eastern)
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Central)
- Abby Cooper,
President, Kennedy Douglas Consulting
- Jill Houghton
Deputy Director, TACE Southeast, Burton Blatt Institute, Syracuse University
This is the third of five webinars in the TACE Webinar Series: Helping Your Team Improve Employment Outcomes for Individuals with the Most Significant Disabilities.
This webinar will address different approaches to understanding what an individual has to offer an employer. Topics will include:
- Traditional vocational assessment versus the discovery process.
- Looking at tasks a person can perform.
- Translating tasks a person can perform into employment possibilities.
- Starting job development from the vantage point of the person's contributions and interest rather than the job market.
The expected outcome is that supervisors will understand how to use the discovery process to determine employment possibilities.
Materials & Resources
Recording of Webinar
**NOTE: If this is your first time using Elluminate, review: How to View the Recording of the Webinar.
- Recording in Elluminate – Webinar: Approaches to Understanding What an Individual Has to Offer an Employer (1 hour)