Webinar: Self-Employment as a Viable Option for Individuals with the Most Significant Disabilities
Thursday: June 9, 2011
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m (Eastern)
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Central)
- Abby Cooper,
President, Kennedy Douglas Consulting
- Jill Houghton
Deputy Director, TACE Southeast, Burton Blatt Institute, Syracuse University
This is the fifth of five webinars in the TACE Webinar Series: Helping Your Team Improve Employment Outcomes for Individuals with the Most Significant Disabilities.
The webinar will highlight self-employment as a viable option for individuals with the most significant disabilities. Topics to be addressed will include:
- Attitudes that frequently prevent us from being supportive of self-employment.
- Starting from the vantage point of how does this fit with who the potential business owner is and what supports need to be in place to for success.
- The importance of working with a team.
- Different models - business within a business, customized self-employment, supported self-employment.
The expected outcome of the webinar is that supervisors will understand when self-employment might be a good match for an individual with the most significant disability.
Materials & Resources
Recording of Webinar
**NOTE: If this is your first time using Elluminate, review: How to View the Recording of the Webinar.
- Recording in Elluminate – Webinar: Self-Employment as a Viable Option for Individuals with the Most Significant Disabilities (2.0 hours)