Webinar: Job Development in Rural Areas
Friday: September 9, 2011
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Eastern)
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Central)
- Allen Anderson
Dover Training Group and Employment Management Professionals Inc.
- Norciva Shumpert
Marc Gold & Associates (MG&A)
**This is the fourth webinar in the TACE Job Development Exchange Series.
Rural job development is fundamentally different than urban job development. In urban jobs are more plentiful and easier to uncover. In rural the jobs can be deeply hidden and obscured from the job developer. In a job market with mainly hidden jobs the job developers style, planning and selling technique must be thoughtfully developed.
This webinar will address the selling style, planning and techniques needed to capture larger and smaller rural job markets. We will address:
- Getting the rural job market to open up to the job development approach
- Outlining the consultative sell model as fundamental to rural (and urban) job development with the special nuances needed for a rural market
- Outline the selling cycle for rural job development
- Present prospecting opening lines to enter the rural job market
- Focus how to get employers to hire both skilled and unskilled (customized employment) candidates
- Discuss common problems encountered in rural job development
In most of the rural job markets where our techniques are being applied we have captured a large share of the job market with our techniques. The techniques work in the smallest of communities (where there are jobs) to the larger rural centers that are not yet urban.
Materials & Resources
Recording of Webinar
**NOTE: If this is your first time using Elluminate, review: How to View the Recording of the Webinar.
- Recording in Elluminate – Webinar: Job Development in Rural Areas (2.0 hours)
- PowerPoint Presentation - PPT
- PowerPoint Presentation - PDF
- PowerPoint Presentation - Handout
- PowerPoint Presentation - Web
- PowerPoint Presentation - Text Only