Webinar: Asset Building and Transition Students
Wednesday: February 29, 2012
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Eastern)
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Central)
- Abby Cooper
President, Kennedy Douglas Consulting
** Third webinar in the Asset Building Series .
This session will help Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (VRCs) and Community Resource Providers (CRPs) to consider what information transition students and their families need to understand about building a financial future. Historically, transition planning has left out a key component to adult life, acquiring financial independence and stability.
It is expected that VR staff who participate in the webinar will obtain a basic understanding of what their role can be in helping students understand asset building strategies.
- Elements that can be included in Individual Education Plan and the Individual Plan for Employment
- The integration of various asset-building tools, work incentives, and financial education.
- Resources that support economic opportunity and how to help students and their families toggle them together.
- How to use advocacy skills, knowledge and networks to strengthen the asset movement in their community.
Objectives & Outcomes
It is expected that staff who participate in the webinar will have a basic understanding of asset building strategies and how they can be implemented for transition students.
Materials & Resources
Recording of Webinar
- Recording in Elluminate – Webinar: Transition & Asset Building (2.0 hours)
NOTE: This is the rough unedited version of the transcript