Webinar: Career Exploration, Development & Planning for Consumers w/SMI- Part 2
Friday: March 9, 2012
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Eastern)
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Central)
- Charlie Bernacchio
Assistant Professor, Coordinator Rehabilitation Counseling - University of Southern Maine
- Eileen Burker
Associate Professor/Director, Rehabilitation Counseling & Psychology- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Jill Houghton
TACE Southeast, Burton Blatt Institute, Syracuse University
**This is the fifth webinar in the TACE Improving Employment Outcomes for Individuals with Mental Health Disabilities Learning Community Series
During this webinar, participants will gain knowledge of career planning and employment training, as well as learn about benefits retention, disclosure and in vivo assessment.
- Skill training and development (job seeking and support)
- Preparing for interviews
- Job clubs
- Clubhouse model
- Drop-in centers
- Peer support
- Individual Placement Service- Dartmouth model
- Disclosure and confidentiality
- Issues: Are clients prepared to deal with these questions?
- Suggestions/recommendations for rehabilitation counselors
Informal roundtable and guest perspectives are shared (consumer consultants). Updates on group project efforts and response to any need for assistance.
Objectives & Outcomes
The expected outcome for this event is gaining knowledge of exploring work options, career planning, and employment training, as well as learning about benefits retention, disclosure and ongoing assessment/support.
Materials & Resources
Recording of Webinar
- Recording in Elluminate – Webinar: Career exploration, development and planning for consumers w/ SMI - Part 2 (1.0 hour)