Webinar: Job Development, Placement & Support Strategies for Consumers w/ SMI
Friday: March 30, 2012
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Eastern)
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Central)
- Charlie Bernacchio
Assistant Professor, Coordinator Rehabilitation Counseling - University of Southern Maine
- Eileen Burker
Associate Professor/Director, Rehabilitation Counseling & Psychology- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Jill Houghton
TACE Southeast, Burton Blatt Institute, Syracuse University
**This is the sixth webinar in the TACE Improving Employment Outcomes for Individuals with Mental Health Disabilities Learning Community Series
During this webinar, participants will gain knowledge of job development, disclosure, reasonable accommodations, supports and the individual placement services model.
- Effective approaches to use with employers (including Job development techniques and handling disclosure)
- Individual Placement Service (IPS) Model- Evidence Based Practices (EBP) for Severe Mental Illness (SMI)
- Analyzing jobs for matching and modifications
- Need for individual supports?
- Identifying employment opportunities, job creation and modifications
Objectives & Outcomes
The expected outcome for this event is gaining knowledge of working with employers, job development, disclosure, reasonable accommodations, supports and the individual placement services model.
Materials & Resources
Recording of Webinar
- Recording in Elluminate – Webinar:Job Development, Placement & Support Strategies for Consumers w/ SMI (1.0 hour)
NOTE: This is the rough unedited version of the transcript