Webinar: Common Issues in Building a Quality Assurance System in Vocational Rehabilitation
Friday: October 19, 2012
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Eastern)
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Central)
- Douglas Wilson
Chief Solutions Design Officer, 9by9Solution
- Chip Kenney
Project Director of TACE (Technical Assistance and Continuing Education) Southeast
Quality! Everyone believes in it and everyone believes (or wants to believe) that they produce high quality work. Yet once you get beyond the word quality, confusion and differences in direction often occur. As a result, building a quality assurance system that provides staff and management an accurate picture of the true state of quality work being performed is not easy. The purpose of this presentation is to explore 13 issues that are essential if a sound quality system is to be designed and implemented
The 13 issues that will be discussed are:
- Unclear Purpose – how does quality align with organization mission?
- The Management of Meaning – what is our definition of quality?
- The Secret Sauce - What are the critical factors in creating value?
- Keeping Score – What do we measure?
- Who’s your daddy? If you don’t know who the customer is, how can you measure quality?
- Zero Defects – If 100% perfection is required as a standard, can it be quality?
- Lead, Follow or Get Out Of The Way? How does customer choice and agency leadership co-exist?
- Service or Satisfaction? How does the customer’s view of quality fit in?
- It Takes a Village – If multiple staff is involved in producing quality, how is individual quality measured?
- The Core of VR Quality? - Do we create plans or solutions?
- How You Doing? How do we monitor performance?
- Who Cares? Does senior leadership support matter?
- Help Me, Help Me! – How do support systems align to our quality effort?
Materials & Resources
Recording of Webinar
**NOTE: If this is your first time using Elluminate, review: How to View the Recording of the Webinar.
- Recording in Elluminate – Webinar: Common Issues in Building a Quality Assurance System in Vocational Rehabilitation (1 hour)