Webinar: Children with Disabilities in Foster Care Transitioning to Adulthood
Tuesday: March 26, 2013
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Eastern)
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Central)
- Joan Neuville
- Norciva Shumpert
Marc Gold & Associates (MG&A)
Introducing Part I of a two part series on Youth in Foster Care
Imagine being 18 years old and so far behind in school due to numerous moves and school changes that graduation and employment are merely pipe dreams. This is just one of the many challenges children in foster care face due to their unique circumstances.
This segment of the webinar will help answer some basic questions regarding:
- The Foster Care system and how children come into foster care;
- Who the children are ,
- Who ages out of foster care and how their life circumstances create challenges that differ from other children of the same age with disabilities;
- Who the key players are and what their roles are in the lives of children in foster care;
- And lastly, we will look at strategies and available resources that may assist children with disabilities in foster care successfully transition into adulthood.
Materials & Resources
Recording of Webinar
**NOTE: If this is your first time using Elluminate, review: How to View the Recording of the Webinar.
- Recording in Elluminate – Webinar:Children with Disabilities in Foster Care Transitioning to Adulthood (2.0 hours)