Webinar: How to Position Your Employment Services in the Labor Market - Part 1
Thursday: May 8, 2014
1:00 - 2:30 p.m. (ET)
12:00 - 1:30 p.m. (CT)
- Jill Houghton
Organization Development Specialist, Southeast TACE
How to Position Your Employment Services in the Labor Market
This presentation will provide information and tools on how to develop or refine marketing strategies to better position an organization's employment services in their local labor market. Participants will be provided concepts and useful tools (through the JDX page)to assess their local labor market, more competitively define their employment services and determine the key features and benefits of those services in a way that adds value to an employer's operation. Participants will be encouraged to develop and share (through the JDX listserv) marketing strategies in a way that better positions their organization's name and services amongst local employers in comparison to other local employment programs and agencies.
- Learn to position your organization and employment services
- Define the features and benefits of the program's experience, skills and knowledge
- Develop marketing strategies related to the organization's employment services
- Overview on how to position an organization's employment services in their local labor market
- Overview on how to define the services, develop the features related to those services as well as the benefits of those services to local employers
- Overview of potential marketing strategies to promote and position the organization's employment services.
- Engage in activities and review marketing worksheets that can be shared with webinar participants (through the JDX listserv).
The Southeast TACE is expanding its Job Development Exchange (JDX) in response to needs identified by job developers. The JDX will strengthen job developers’ capacity to maximize employment opportunities for individuals with the most significant disabilities.
Participants will also learn about the Southeast TACE Job Development Exchange (JDX). The JDX will provide state vocational rehabilitation agencies (VR) and community rehabilitation providers (CRPs) responsible for job development with the information and tools they need to successfully engage employers and address a wide range of barriers to employment. It will offer a series of Professional Learning Experiences on priority topics identified by job development professionals. Each package will be comprised of:
- A webinar
- User-ready resources
- Structured opportunities to network via a listserv with colleagues, businesses, and national authorities
Materials & Resources
Recording of Webinar
**NOTE: If this is your first time using Elluminate, review: How to View the Recording of the Webinar.
- Recording in Elluminate – Webinar:How to Position Your Employment Services in the Labor Market Presentation - Part 1 (1.5 hours)
- Audio Recording – Webinar:How to Position Your Employment Services in the Labor Market Presentation - Part 1 Download mp3 file
- Video Recording – Webinar:How to Position Your Employment Services in the Labor Market Presentation - Part 1 Download mp4 file (~170 MB)